What is CAC Archival Storage?
- CAC Archival Storage provides low-cost, high-performance option for storing research data.
- CAC Archival Storage has a direct 100 Gbps connection to Internet2.
- CAC Archival Storage is not mountable by running jobs, instead the user must transfer their data from the CAC Archival Storage to an accessible server using Globus.
- Globus users have easy access to add, delete, and share their data using any Globus endpoints.
- Some of the Globus endpoints available include:
- storage01.cac.cornell.edu (cac#home) where all CAC user home directories are found
- XSEDE sites:
- Stampede (xsede#stampede)
- Lonestar (xsede#lonestar4)
- TACC Archival Storage (xsede#ranch).
First step - Enable (or create) CAC project for Archival Storage and add users where appropriate
Second step - Log into your Globus
When logging into Globus, Cornell users should select Cornell University under Use your existing organizational login and then click on the Continue button. You will get forwarded to the CUWebLogin page. Login using your Cornell NetID and password.
Globus can be accessed using the following methods:
- Globus Web GUI: click on the "Login" button on the Globus web site to start.
- Globus CLI client on your computer:
- Globus SDK for Python: for workflow automation and integration with your science gateways or third party software.
Note: The legacy ssh-based hosted CLI will be deprecated in the future. Please do not use it for new development. If you use the ssh-based CLI for current production, you will need to migrate to use new Globus CLI client or Globus SDK for Python soon.
CAC's EndPoint is CAC Archive 2/DTN (cac#archive02).
- When activating cac#archive02 endpoint in Globus web GUI, you will be prompted by a dialog box saying:
The administrator of this endpoint, cac#archive02, requires that you authenticate using their MyProxy OAuth server to activate the endpoint. When you click 'Continue' you will be redirected to their website.
- You will be redirected to the https://archive01.cac.cornell.edu/oath/authorize... page.
- Enter your CAC credentials.
- When login is successful, you will be redirected back to Globus web GUI with the endpoint activated.
- cac#archive02's default path is /export.
- Each project with access to CAC Archival Storage has a shared directory (named the project) in which all project members have full read/write access.
- Users can rename and move files and directories within their project directory on the endpoint. Globus added this feature recently.