ICSE Cluster Transition
The file systems will be reformatted during the move to CAC so all user data will be lost. Current ICSE users who will be transitioning to the CAC-hosted ICSE cluster should migrate their ICSE cluster data to a temporary file server at CAC,
icse-data.cac.cornell.edu. After the file server moved are completed, users can restore their data from
Please note: users are responsible for copying their own data. Any data that's not copied by their owner will be lost.
Data Migration Procedures
- Request Your CAC account:
- Point your web browser to the Request UserID Form for the ICSE Transition project.
- If you have a NetID, select the "Yes I have a CU NetID" option. After logging into CUWebLogin, your request will be submitted.
- After your request is approved, you will get an email confirmation at NetID@cornell.edu. Follow the instructions in the email to set your CAC account password. Please note: your CAC account password is NOT the same as the password for your NetID.
- Verify your CAC account by ssh to
icse-data.cac.cornell.eduusing your CAC user name and password. If you have problems logging in, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.
- Copy Data to CAC: from the current ICSE cluster login node
- If you want to stay logged in and monitor the data migration progress, use the following
rsynccommand. Enter your CAC password while prompted.
rsync -av <source directory> <user id>@icse-data.cac.cornell.edu:<destination directory>
- For example, the following command will copy your entire ICSE home directory to CAC:
rsync -av ~/ <user id>@icse-data.cac.cornell.edu:~
- If you want to initiate the data transfer, log off, and check back later:
- Create password-less login between ICSE cluster and `icse-data.cac.cornell.edu`:
mkdir .ssh chmod 0700 .ssh cd .ssh ssh-keygen (and take all default options) cat id_rsa.pub >> authorized_keys scp -r ~/.ssh <user id>@icse.cac.cornell.edu:~
- Initiate data transfer on ICSE login node:
rsync -av <source directory> <user id>@icse-data.cac.cornell.edu:<destination directory> &> /dev/null & disown
- For example, the following command will copy the entire ICSE home directory to CAC:
rsync -av ~/ email@example.com:~ &> /dev/null & disown
- You can now log off ICSE and the data transfer will continue. To check if data transfer is still in progress, log back into ICSE login node and do:
ps -u <ICSE user id> | grep rsync
- If data transfer is completed, you will get a empty output / response.