MATLAB Parallel Server in Red Cloud
First time Login has been completed. Create key pair has been completed.
Create a Security Group
Create a Security Group with the following ports open, you can use the "Use my IP address" after entering the Custom TCP port ranges and the standard SSH port.
- TCP (14000 - 15000) <your client IP address>/32
- TCP (22) <your client IP address>/32
- TCP (27000 - 28000) <your client IP address>/32
Start Matlab Cluster
Currently one-node cluster is supported. Multi-node cluster support is forthcoming.
On the Euca Console (Red Cloud ITH):
- From the dashboard, click on the "Launch Instance" button.
- Select emi-XXXXX on the "Image" screen. Click on the Next button.
- On the "Details" screen, select the desired instance type. One Matlab worker will be started per CPU in the instance. Click on the Next button.
- On the "Security" screen, select the ssh keypair you'd like to use to access the instance via ssh (optional), and select your Matlab security group.
- Click on "Launch Instance"
- After the instance is running, the Matlab cluster should be reachable at the public IP address of the instance within 2 minutes.
Note: after you finish using your Matlab cluster, remember to stop or terminate the instance on the Euca Console to stop charges against your Red Cloud subscription.