This page describes how to run OpenFOAM in a docker container in Red Cloud.
Run and Attach to Docker Container
- ssh to the Red Cloud instance.
- Run and attach a docker container containing OpenFOAM image:
docker container run -ti openfoam/openfoam7-paraview56
Based on the experimental work of Pitz and Daily (1981). It features a backward facing step. Such a ``classic`` case is instructive for comparing different turbulence models with respect to the size and shape of the recirculation zone.
- Inside the Openfoam docker container, first make a unique working directory:
WORK_DIR=$FOAM_RUN-$(whoami)-$(date +%s) echo $WORK_DIR mkdir -p $WORK_DIR cd $WORK_DIR cp -r $FOAM_TUTORIALS/incompressible/simpleFoam/pitzDaily . cd pitzDaily
- Next, we will run the simulations; it is very quick under a minute.
- Within the working directory (cd $WORK_DIR)as above,
cp -r $FOAM_TUTORIALS/incompressible/icoFoam/cavity/cavity . cd cavity
- Run the simulations: