Jump to navigation Jump to search
Warning: This page is currently under construction. Information may not be ready for users.
Launch an Instance
Types of Images
Migrating Instances from Eucalyptus to OpenStack
Using Eucalyptus and Horizon Web Interfaces
Using the OpenStack CLI
Create and Attach a Volume
Types of Storage
Eucalyptus vs. OpenStack
The following Openstack features should be working in the initial deployment:
- identity and access (`keystone` in Openstack, `iam` in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- compute (`nova` in Openstack, `ec2`in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- block storage (`cinder` in Openstack, `ebs` in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- object storage (`swift` in Openstack, `s3` in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- images are in RBD format like UB. This should allow near instantaneous instance launches (especially if we do away with ephemeral storage).
- networking (`neutron` in Openstack): I expect to have VPC support.
- web console (`horizon` in Openstack, `eucaconsole` in Eucalyptus).