Jump to navigation Jump to search
Warning: This page is currently under construction. Information may not be ready for users.
Eucalyptus vs. OpenStack
The following Openstack features should be working in the initial deployment:
- identity and access (`keystone` in Openstack, `iam` in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- compute (`nova` in Openstack, `ec2`in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- block storage (`cinder` in Openstack, `ebs` in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- object storage (`swift` in Openstack, `s3` in Eucalyptus/AWS)
- images are in RBD format like UB. This should allow near instantaneous instance launches (especially if we do away with ephemeral storage).
- networking (`neutron` in Openstack): I expect to have VPC support.
- web console (`horizon` in Openstack, `eucaconsole` in Eucalyptus).