Share An Image In Openstack
You can share an image from your project with a collaborator in a different project in Openstack cloud so you can both launch instances using the shared image. You as the owner of the image can revoke the sharing privilege at any time.
To accomplish this,
- Both you and your collaborator need to use the Openstack CLI client, and
- You will need to know the project name or ID of your collaborator.
- Find the project ID of your collaborator. Run
openstack project list | grep <collaborator's project name>
- and the first field of the output is the ID of your collaborator's project ID.
- Find the ID of the image you want to share:
openstack image show <image name>
- Share the image with your collaborator's project:
openstack image add project <image ID> <collaborator's project ID>
- Verify the image is now shared. The status field should say
pendinguntil your collaborator accepts the image.
openstack image member list <image ID>
- Give the ID of the shared image to your collaborator.
- Get the ID of the shared image from the owner of the image. Make sure the owner has performed the steps in the Share an Image section above.