Developing Faculty Grant Proposals
We're Here to Help
CAC welcomes the opportunity to enhance the competitiveness of Cornell faculty grant proposals
and to help ensure that grant milestones are met in a timely and efficient manner.
We provide economies of scale and in-depth professional skills in computation, data analysis,
and online training that you can use to achieve your project goals faster and broaden impact.
See services available for descriptions of our capabilities.
We've had many successful collaborative experiences with faculty-led proposals and we keep up
with the latest technologies and priorities by actively participating in funding agency programs.
For example, our director served on the NSF Directorate for Computer, Information Science & Engineering
Advisory Committee, we have leadership roles in technology, training and community building
in the NSF XSEDE program, and we built the first federated campus-to-campus cloud for NSF.
We're happy to meet with you to discuss your proposal needs at any time. As an interdisciplinary center, we work with hundreds of research faculty and staff across Cornell campuses and may be able to bring new collaborators and ideas to the table.
Proposal Development Services
We offer Cornell faculty up to 20 hours of free proposal development services to:
- help write a winning proposal
- develop the data management plan
- enhance your credibility with a letter of support from the Center Director who is also the Vice President of Information Technologies and CIO of Cornell
- estimate computing services to include in your proposal budget (e.g., programming, code improvement, database design/management, web hosting for your research app, science gateway development, etc.)
- if required, architect the optimal server, HPC cluster, or storage system for your proposal, and
- if you're procuring a cluster, secure favorable pricing through our extensive vendor contacts and knowledge.
System proof-of-concepts, benchmarking, system installation, etc. that require more extensive time and effort on the part of our staff will be charged at our hourly consulting rate.
Computing Services Estimates for Proposals
See CAC rates for computing services estimates. Note: our staff hourly consulting rate does not include Cornell Facilities and Administrative (F&A) costs, i.e., indirect costs. CAC consulting rates do include fringe benefits.
Contact us today for help on your proposal and and/or budget, or to brainstorm new ideas or grant solicitations.