Computing and Consulting Services
A New Faculty Flyer is available that describes our services and how they impact research, education, and outreach at Cornell.
Professional computing and consulting services requiring non-trivial effort or resource utilization are fee-based and require a Cornell University account for charge-back based upon the amount of service used. Charge-back rates are based on the requirement of full cost recovery with a Provost subsidy. Rates are reviewed regularly by Cornell’s administration and adjusted on an annual basis, or as appropriate, to ensure equitable recovery of CAC costs, and no over-recovery.
There are no fees for the following services:
- Initial strategy meeting to discuss which computing and consulting services will best meet the research, education, or outreach components of your grant proposal or current project
- General help to get you started or answer the occasional question
- Exploratory accounts to try out Red Cloud; an exploratory account includes one hour of consulting, 165 compute hours on Red Cloud, and 50GB of storage
- Access to high-speed networks from CAC-supported services
- Up to 20 hours consulting to architect the optimal HPC cluster, storage system, etc. for your application and, if procuring a cluster, secure favorable pricing.
How to Start a Project
To access our computing or consulting services and rates, visit how to start a project.
Research Service Groups Supported by CAC
CAC provides Cornell Research Service Groups, e.g., Biotechnology Resource Center Bioinformatics Facility, Research Data Management Service Group (RDMSG), etc., with advanced computing and data management strategies and services.
Small businesses, corporations, universities and other institutions engage with CAC through our Partner Program to learn about emerging technologies and access our computing and consulting services. We also help organizations connect with Cornell faculty to explore collaborative research opportunities.