CAC offers storage services for researchers using a DataDirect Networks (DDN) S2A9900. All CAC research storage services will be transitioned to Ceph in the summer of 2017.
NEW Low-Cost Archival Storage
Low-cost archival storage is now available to the Cornell community. This service features:
- Fast tunable parallel file transfers via Globus Online. Much faster than commercial clouds.
- Upload and download files, or synchronize local directories with the archive
- No network or file I/O charges for uploading or downloading data
- Reliable RAID6 disk-based DDN storage
- Continuous background verification and error correction against silent data corruption
- Share your archived data with collaborators with file permission control or publish data directly from the archive, e.g., meet your data management plan requirement for NSF grants.
Read about the Cornell University Red Hat Award for best storage implementation.
if you are interested in using our storage services.
For rates, visit how to start a project.
Visit services available to learn more about related services, e.g., high-performance computing services, cloud computing services, database consulting, etc.